What is a seven-segment LED?
A seven-segment LED is a digital display module specialized to display numerical information.
Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) arranged in the shape of numbers offer an easily visible display.
They are sometimes called "seven-segment displays" or "seven-segment indicators."
Names of seven-segment LED parts
The parts of the seven-segment LED are as follows:
- Light-emitting components (a–g): Segments (Seg)
- Dot light-emitting component: Decimal point (DP)
- General name for the seven segments a–g: Digits (Dig)
【Names of Seven-Segment LED Parts】
Seven-segment LED circuit configuration
LED display devices have two kinds of circuit: common anode and common cathode.
- Common anode: when the common pin is positive
- Common cathode: when the common pin is negative
【Common Anode and Common Cathode】
ROHM's seven-segment LED achieves high reliability and stability by combining automated production with technology developed over many years.