ROHM UK Group Tax Strategy
The publication of this strategy statement is regarded as satisfying the statutory obligation under Para 16(2), Schedule 19, Finance Act 2016. The tax strategy and principles set out herein applies to all UK taxation matters for the following UK subsidiaries and the UK branches of the Rohm Group ("we" or the "Group"), for the year ended 31 March 2020.
・ROHM Electronics Europe., Ltd.
・ROHM Semiconductor GmbH（UK branch）
- 1. Tax Risk Management and level of tax risks accepted
- We are committed to full compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and all reporting and disclosure requirements at all times. While the complete elimination of all risk is rarely possible, ROHM UK Group actively seeks to identify, evaluate, monitor and manage these risks in order to mitigate tax risks as much as possible. Regarding the roles and responsibilities, the Managing Directors of the company of ROHM UK Group is ultimately responsible for ROHM UK Group's overall tax affairs.
- 2. Attitude to the tax planning
- ROHM UK Group recognises that it has responsibility to pay an appropriate amount of tax at the right time. ROHM UK Group seeks to utilize tax incentives or opportunities for obtaining tax efficiencies in accordance with legislation, but does not undertake aggressive tax planning or engage in artificial transactions which carry significant tax risk.
- 3. Relationship with HMRC
- ROHM UK Group is committed to full compliance with all tax filing and tax payment obligations with HMRC. ROHM UK Group looks to maintain a constructive and open working relationship with HMRC.