At ROHM Co., Ltd. and its group companies (hereinafter referred to as "ROHM"),we will implement the following measures to safely and appropriately manage personal information (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information") of customers, business partners, shareholders, investors, etc., in compliance with the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” (hereinafter referred to as the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information") and the "Guidelines on the Protection of Personal Information" and other national guidelines.
- Information of the Personal Information Handling Business Operator
- Please click here.
- Acquisition of Personal Information
- When acquiring Personal Information, ROHM shall notify or publicly announce the Purpose of Use of such information in advance and otherwise acquire such information within an appropriate scope in accordance with laws and regulations. In addition, when acquiring Personal Information directly from you by means of a written agreement or other means, unless otherwise permitted by laws and regulations, ROHM shall clearly indicate the purpose of use thereof to you in advance.
- Use of Personal Information
- ROHM shall not use Personal Information for any purpose other than the purpose of use explicitly announced to you or publicly announced, except with your consent or as permitted by laws and regulations. Provided, however, ROHM may use Personal Information to aggregate statistical data, such as sales and website access methods, without identifying the individual.
- Joint Use of Personal Information
- ROHM may jointly utilize the acquired Personal Information as follows within the scope of the Purpose of Use.
(1) Target information: name, company name, company address, department, position and contact information (TEL, fax and e-mail address)
(2) Scope of users: ROHM group companies and distributors of ROHM products contracting with ROHM
(3) Purpose of use: within the scope of the Purpose of Use of the above "Use of Personal Information"
(4) Person in charge of joint use: Please click here.
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- ROHM will not provide Personal Information to any third party except with your consent or as permitted by law and regulations.
- Safety Management Measures for Personal Information
- ROHM shall take reasonably necessary and appropriate safety management measures to control Personal Information handled by ROHM, such as preventing leakage, loss, or damage. ROHM shall also conduct reasonably necessary and appropriate supervision of employees and contractors handling Personal Information.
The safety management measures for Personal Information are separately stipulated in “Regulation on the Protection of Personal Information” and other internal regulations. In principal, the details are as follows.
(1) Formulation of the Basic Policy
In order to ensure the proper handling of Personal Information, ROHM has established basic guidelines for compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and guidelines, matters related to safety management measures, and contact points for questioning and complaint handling.
(2) Development of Disciplines on the Handling of Personal Information
ROHM has developed disciplines on the handling of Personal Information by establishing” Regulation on the Protection of Personal Information”regarding the handling methods, responsible persons, and their duties at each stage including acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion, and disposal.
(3) Systematic Security Control Measures
ROHM has established an organizational system to take safety management measures, such as appointing a person in charge of the handling of Personal Information. ROHM has also established a system to clarify the roles of employees handling Personal Information and the scope of Personal Information handled by the employees, and to report to the person in charge of the handling of Personal Information etc.if any facts or signs of violation of Act on the Protection of Personal Information or “Regulation on the Protection of Personal Information” are identified.
(4) Human Security Control Measures
ROHM regularly trains its employees on matters of concern regarding the handling of Personal Information.
(5) Physical Security Control Measures
In addition to appropriately managing areas where Personal Information is handled, ROHM implements measures to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing Personal Information. ROHM also manages equipment, electronic media, and documents handling Personal Information designed to prevent theft or loss, etc., and has implemented measures to prevent leakage, etc., when carrying such equipment, electronic media, etc.
(6) Technical Security Control Measure
ROHM limits information systems and equipment that can handle Personal Information databases defined by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. ROHM further identifies and authenticates employees who can use such information systems and equipment. ROHM has also introduced a mechanism designed to protect such information systems and equipment from unauthorized access from outside or unauthorized software.
(7) Understanding the External Environment
ROHM has implemented safety management measures after understanding the legislation on the protection of personal information in the country where Personal Information is handled.
- Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, etc. of Personal Information
- In the event that ROHM receives your request for disclosure of Personal Information under ROHM's control, or in the event that ROHM receives your request for correction, deletion, suspension of use, or suspension of provision to a third party due to an error in the contents of Personal Information, or in the event that ROHM receives any other complaint, ROHM shall respond appropriately in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. For any consultations, inquiries, or complaints about Personal Information at ROHM, please contact us through the Inquiry Form .
- Usage of Cookies
- About online advertising remarketing
- Third-party advertisers, including Google, Yahoo!, post ads of ROHM's website on various websites.
Date of revision: December 16, 2022