Power Factor Correction and Quasi-Resonant DC/DC converter IC
The compounded LSI of the Power Factor Correction (PFC) converter and Quasi-Resonant (QR) controller type DC/DC converter IC provides an optimum system for all products that include an electrical outlet. BM1C101F has a built-in HV starter circuit that tolerates 650V and X-Cap discharge function, and contributes to low power consumption and high speed start. The PFC part operates by Boundary Conduction Mode (BCM). It reduces the switching loss and the switching noise. Because of zero current detection (ZCD) by a resistance, this solution achieves no auxiliary winding and reduces external parts and the bias current. The DC/DC part operates by Quasi-Resonant Mode This method enables soft switching and helps to keep the EMI low. With MOSFET for switching and current detection resistors as external devices, a higher degree of design freedom is achieved. This IC has over voltage protection for the PFC output terminal, which protects electrolytic capacitor by stopping switching and makes the standby power consumption low by the PFC ON/OFF control function. The IC includes various protective functions such as VCC over voltage protection, external latch protection, brown out protection, soft start function, per-cycle current limiter and over load protection.
You can choose from a variety of power and topology evaluation boards.
For Automotive usage, please contact Sales.
- PFC+QR Combo IC
- Built-in 650V tolerance start circuit
- VCC pin: under and over voltage protection
- Brown out function
- External latch terminal function
- PFC boundary conduction mode (voltage control)
- PFC Zero Cross Detection
- PFC variable max frequency
- PFC Dynamic & Static OVP function
- PFC Output level switched function
- PFC ON/OFF setting
- QR low power when load is light (Burst operation) and frequency decrease function
- QR maximum frequency control (120kHz)
- QR_CS pin open protection and OCP function
- QR Over-Current Protection with AC compensation
- QR Soft Start function
- QR secondary side protection circuit of over-current
- QR_ZT pin 2 step timeout function and OVP function