BM1051FQuasi-Resonant Control DC/DC converter and Power Factor Correction converter IC for AC/DC Converter
Quasi-Resonant Control DC/DC converter and Power Factor Correction converter IC for AC/DC Converter
BM1051F is compounded LSI of Power Factor Correction converter (PFC) for harmonic solution and DC/DC converter (DC/DC). Because DC/DC operates on Quasi-resonant method, DC/DC contributes to Low EMI. BM1051F built in a HV starter circuit that tolerates 650V. Because of putting the current sense resistors externally both the PFC part and the DC/DC part, IC enables power supply design free. In the PFC part, IC adopts peak current control operation. Suitable application is proposed by a various protection circuit, such as the multiplier with a revision circuit on the AC voltage falls, the load regulation revision circuit, and the maximum power feed-forward circuit, etc. The Quasi-resonant system of a DC/DC part contributes to low EMI because PFC operates by soft switching. A burst mode is built in, so the power is reduced at light load. Various protection functions, such as a soft start function, a burst function, an over-current limiting for every cycle, overvoltage protection, and over current protection, are built in. The pin for communicated control with a controller and the external stop pin are prepared; it proposes the system that can be adapted for various applications.
You can choose from a variety of power and topology evaluation boards.
For Automotive usage, please contact Sales.
PFC + QR
Start Circuit [V]
Auto Restart / Latch
Light Load mode
Under Voltage Lock Out
Operating Temperature (Min.)[°C]
Operating Temperature (Max.)[°C]
Package Size [mm]
- Quasi-resonant circuit + PFC circuit
- Built-in HV Starter circuit
- Low consumption current (typ.10µA) when starter circuit is OFF.
- Quasi resonant circuit
- Max operating frequency (120kHz)
- Frequency reduction function
- Over-current limiting variable function
- Pulse-by-pulse over-current protection circuit
- Built-in Soft start
- Voltage protection function (brown out) during low input
- ZT pin Over Voltage Protection
- Output overload protection (auto recovery /latch switching enabled)
- 250nsec Leading-Edge Blanking
- Power Factor Correction circuit
- Peak current control (65kHz)
- Per-cycle over current protection circuit
- Maximum power revision
- the multiplier with a revision circuit when the AC voltage falls the load change measure circuit
- Selectable protection method by LATCH/AUTOR terminal.
- LATCH/AUTOR=H : Latch
- LATCH/AUTOR=L : Auto recovery
- External stop function (COMP pin)
- AC input voltage stop detected function (ACDET)
- Built-in PFC stop terminal (PFCON/OFF)