Quasi-Resonant Control DC/DC converter and Power Factor Correction converter IC for AC/DC Converter - BM1050AF
BM1050AF is compounded LSI of Power Factor Correction converter (PFC) for harmonic solution and DC/DC converter (DC/DC). Because DC/DC operates on Quasi-resonant method, DC/DC contributes to Low EMI. BM1050AF built in a HV starter circuit that tolerates 650V. Because of putting the current sense resistors externally both the PFC part and the DC/DC part, IC enables power supply design free.
In the PFC part, IC adopts peak current control operation. Suitable application is proposed by a various protection circuit, such as the multiplier with a revision circuit on the AC voltage falls, the load regulation revision circuit, and the maximum power feed-forward circuit, etc. Moreover, the frequency hopping function is built in and it contributes to low EMI.
PFC + QR
Start Circuit [V]
Auto Restart / Latch
Light Load mode
Under Voltage Lock Out
Operating Temperature (Min.)[°C]
Operating Temperature (Max.)[°C]
Features:· Quasi-resonant circuit + PFC circuit
· Built-in HV Starter circuit
· Low consumption current (typ.10uA) when starter circuit is OFF.
· Quasi resonant circuit
· Power Factor Correction circuit
· Selectable protection method by LATCH/AUTOR
· External stop function (COMP pin)
· AC input voltage stop detected function (ACDET)
· Built-in PFC stop terminal (PFCON/OFF)