"R" represents the first letter of our original main product, Resistors. This was put together with the unit for resistance " ohm". The "R" now also stands for "Reliability". "Quality First" is ROHM's corporate policy.
Quality is our top priority at all times. Our objective is to contribute to the advancement and progress of our culture through a consistent supply, under all circumstances, of high quality products in large volumes to the global market.
Thoughts and Expectations Expressed in Our Corporate Objective
Since it was founded in 1954, ROHM has consistently pursued a guarantee rate one order of magnitude higher than the industry standard with the motto of ‘Quality First’, through comprehensive quality control and reliability management. By 1964, we already reached a defect rate for resistors of 1 in 1,000,000, compared to 1 in 100,000 with other manufacturers. Since then, we have been striving to improve the guarantee rate ahead of the industry, such as by implementing mechanization and semi-automation in all processes.
ROHM has no company emblems or anthems. All thoughts and efforts are put towards achieving our corporate objective.
Perhaps its greatest feature is that it is a ‘concrete living phrase’ that everyone can understand. Throughout the years, ROHM has experienced many events that underscore the importance of quality.And in order to contribute to the advancement of culture, we have established a climate that places an importance not only on products, but the people who support business activities as well. Living words generated from these experiences will become one of the pillars of our company, where they will continue to take root and maybe even passed on beyond our nation and maybe even our era.
Secure reasonable profit through a concerted company-wide effort for a comprehensive quality assurance program.
Develop globally leading products by improving upon technologies held by each department for continued advancement of the company.
Maintain healthy and vigorous lifestyles and refine intellect and humanitarianism, hence contributing to society.
Search extensively for capable human resources and cultivate them as cornerstones for building long-term prosperity.
- Promote internal standardization for the whole company and establish structures for QC management by data.
- Conduct comprehensive and continuous research for the development of new technologies and products.
- Proactively utilize methods of statistical control for all areas of company activities.
- Establish quality assurance structures for all manufacturing processes.
- Exert effort for cost reductions of each product by continual modernization of manufacturing systems.
- Secure quality assurance programs of raw materials and components with our suppliers through contracts.
- Develop personnel at all levels to constantly strive to obtain new knowledge and to acquire empirical reasoning ability from a broad perspective.
- Train staff to be dedicated as leaders in their field by utilizing their knowledge and experience.
- Develop personnel who can overcome any adversity and strive towards achieving targets.
- Train staff to place the highest value on teamwork, resulting from the combined efforts of all individuals.
- All employees will use every available opportunity to enhance self-development.
- Those in leadership positions will exemplify model behavior at all times.
- The emphasis of education is on-the-job training led by the supervisors through daily operations. Supplementary training off the job is also provided.
- Each head of all management levels will appraise staff fairly and conduct effective training programs periodically and consistently.
- Appraisals for each head of all management levels is based, as a general rule, on the success of staff education and training.
We focus on power and analog solutions and solve social problems by contributing to our customers’ needs for "energy saving" and "downsizing" of their products.
And based on our corporate objectives of ‘quality first’ and ‘contributing to the advancement of culture’, ROHM’s development, manufacturing, and sales departments will work together to anticipate both customer and market needs while solving social issues such as ESG by further advancing the integration of power and analog technologies that contribute to greater energy savings and miniaturization in customer sets.