3.5-14V 1A 1ch Buck converter
ROHM’s 1.0A/1.5 MHz synchronous step-down switching regulator BD8312HFN produces step-down output including 1.2, 1.8, 3.3, or 5 V from 4 batteries, batteries such as Li2cell or Li3cell, etc. or a 5V/12V fixed power supply line. This IC allows easy production of small power supply by a wide range of external constants, and is equipped with an external coil/capacitor downsized by high frequency operation of 1.5 MHz, built-in synchronous rectification SW capable of withstanding 15 V, and flexible phase compensation system on board.
For Automotive usage, please contact Sales.
Features:・Input voltage range 3.5 to 14V
・Includes two power FET transistor (1.0A)
・High speed frequency 1.5MHz .
・Include gain phase compensation RC for error AMP.
・Soft start circuit / Timer latched prevention circuit from shorting..
・HSON8 package (2.9mm x 3mm, 0.65mm pitch ).
Schematic Design & Verification
- Calculation of Power Dissipation in Switching Circuit
- Considering Input Filter to Reduce Conducted Emissions by DCDC Converter
- Considering Polarity of Power Inductor to Reduce Radiated Emission of DC-DC converter
- Method for Monitoring Switching Waveform
- PCB Layout Techniques of Buck Converter
- Phase Compensation Design for Current Mode Buck Converter
- Bootstrap Circuit in the Buck Converter
- Method for Determining Constants of Peripheral Parts of Buck DC/DC Converter
- Power Supply Sequence Circuit with General Purpose Power Supply IC
- Suppression Method of Switching Noise Using Linear Regulator and Low Pass Filter
- Measurement Method for Phase Margin with Frequency Response Analyzer (FRA)
- Usage of SPICE Macromodel for DC/DC
- Snubber Circuit for Buck Converter IC
- Efficiency of Buck Converter
- Calculation of Power Loss (Synchronous)
- Inductor Calculation for Buck converter IC
- Considerations for Power Inductors Used for Buck Converters
- Capacitor Calculation for Buck converter IC
- The Important Points of Multi-layer Ceramic Capacitor Used in Buck Converter circuit
- Resistor Value Table to set Output Voltage of Buck Converter IC
- Importance of Probe Calibration When Measuring Power: Deskew
- Impedance Characteristics of Bypass Capacitor
- What Is Thermal Design
- Basics of Thermal Resistance and Heat Dissipation
- Method for Calculating Junction Temperature from Transient Thermal Resistance Data
- Notes for Temperature Measurement Using Thermocouples
- Two-Resistor Model for Thermal Simulation
- Notes for Temperature Measurement Using Forward Voltage of PN Junction
- Thermal Resistance
- Precautions When Measuring the Rear of the Package with a Thermocouple
- HSON8 Footprint / Symbol
- HSON8 3D STEP Data