ROHM recently announced the availability of shunt resistors, GMR50 series, delivering industry-leading 4W rated power (at electrode temperature TK=90°C) in the compact 5.0mm×2.5mm (2010 type package) size. It is ideal for current detection in motors and power supply circuits used in automotive systems and industrial equipment.Press Release
The GMR series of high power shunt resistors are characterized by high heat dissipation and superior reliability. Optimizing the heat dissipation pathway makes it possible to ensure higher rated power in a compact form factor.
- Automotive (ECUs, EFI, motor peripheral circuits)
- Industrial (FA equipment, motor peripheral circuits, power supplies)
- Large appliances (AC, washers, refrigerators)
◆Optimized design ensures excellent heat dissipation
The PSR series are high power shunt resistors covering the ultra-low ohmic (0.2mΩ) region. The resistors adopt a convex shape using precision welding technology to minimize heat generation and achieve higher rated power, making them ideal for current detection in large current circuits that demand superior accuracy.
- Automotive (EPS, battery monitoring, HVAC)
- Industrial (power conditioners, server power supplies, base stations, ESS)
- Large appliances (AC, refrigerators)
◆Utilizing precision welding technology and high performance alloy
◆Achieves superior temperature coefficient of resistance
PThe PMR series of ultra-low-ohmic shunt resistors are available from 1mΩ. The proprietary trim-less structure prevents heat concentration, reducing temperature rise, while low inductance makes high accuracy current detection possible. The lineup includes a broad range of sizes to suit a variety of applications.
- Notebook PCs, portable devices
- Consumer electronics
- Automotive (EPS, power supplies, motor detection circuits)
- Industrial (inverters, power tools, base stations)
◆A special alloy utilized for the resistive element makes it possible to provide stable ultra-low resistances
◆Original trimless structure minimizes temperature rise
The PML series of metal plate type ultra-low-ohmic chip resistors features a wide terminal design that improves heat dissipation and reliability, making them ideal for large current high-speed switching circuits.
- Notebook PCs, DC/DC converters
- Automotive (i.e. car audio, ETC)
◆Wide terminal configuration improves electrode strength and heat dissipation