24-channel Constant Current Drivers and 8-line Switch Controllers Embedded Backlight LED Driver
BD94130EFV-M is embedded 24-channel constant current drivers with 12bit PWM dimming and max 8-line switch controllers. This device can set LED constant current value by setting external ISET resistor. Communication with μ-controller via SPI is feasible.
- AEC-Q100 Qualified (Grade 1)
- Functional Safety Supportive Automotive Products
- Integrated 24-channel LED Constant Current Drivers
- Integrated 4/6/8-line Switch Controllers
- SPI Interface (Cascade Connection Feasible)
- 12bit PWM Dimming
- LED Constant Current Setting by ISET Resistor
- Phase Shift Function
- 6bit Dot Correct (50% to 100%)
- LED Open Detection and LED Short Detection
- Adjacent LEDCH Short Detection
- PGATE Short Protection
- VINSW Over Voltage Protection
- Slew Rate Control for PMOS Gate Driver
- Abnormality Output FAILB Pin
The BD94130xxx-M series of matrix LED drivers combines an 8-line switch controller with 24-channel current driver - allowing control (dimming) of up to 192 zones mini-LED for backlighting with a single IC. On top of that, the mini-LEDs in each zone can be independently adjusted by using a local dimming function - contributing to larger contrast ratio, lower power consumption displays.
For example, with current mainstream 10-inch class infotainment displays that consist of approx. 600 zones, the BD94130xxx-M series enable operation with just one-fourth of the number of LED drivers compared to existing (48-zone) products - decreasing LED driver mounting area by approx. 84%. And this advantage will only increase as screens become larger and the number of zones rises inside next-generation cockpits.
ROHM’s BD94130xxx-M series are equipped with local dimming functionality to support a variety of high-contrast automotive displays.
• Electronic mirrors (side/rear view)
• Car infotainment
• Instrument clusters
• Head-up displays (HUDs)