ROHM Semiconductor provides a wide range of products suitable for Smart Metering & Smart Home applications
Smart Metering & Smart Home are important parts of the Smart Grid which attempts to predict and intelligently respond to the behaviour of energy suppliers and consumers in order to efficiently deliver reliable, economic, and sustainable services.
In order to achieve this the traditional meters like electricity, gas, heat and water meters will be connected using various wireless and wired communication technologies.
ROHM Semiconductor provides a wide range of products suitable for Smart Metering & Smart Home applications and will showcase its products at Booth A.a24 of European Utility Week in Vienna, Austria form Nov. 6th – 8th, 2018
We would be happy to meet you at European Utility Week 2018!
1.) LPWA (Low Power Wide Area) ICs
- ML7404 dual LPWA modes (Sigfox and IEEE802.15.4k)
- Supports dual LPWA modes (Sigfox and IEEE802.15.4k)
- The industry's first hardware-based BPSK modulation circuit for Sigfox contributes to lower set power consumption
- Development support (An optional evaluation kit, and various test scenarios, with reference module designs currently being prepared.)
|Frequency Band||750MHz ～ 960MHz||315MHz～ 960MHz|
|Base Modulation Method||BPSK||4GFSK/4GMSK、
|Long Distance Method||UNB||DSSS|
|Data Rate||100bps||0.625k ～ 25kbps||0.1k ～ 200kbps|
|Tx Power||Max +17dBm|
|-120dBm @ 2.4kbps、433Mhz
-109dBm @ 38.4kbs、920MHz
|Coding Method||NRZ, Manchester, 3 out of 6|
|Other||Wakeup, address filter, antenna diversity|
|Supply Voltage||1.8V ～ 3.6V (1mW)|
|Transmission Current||34mA @ 20mW||34mA @ 20mW||34mA @ 20mW|
*May vary depending on reference values, communication conditions, and the ambient environment.
2.) SubGHz RF ICs
- ML7411 – Dual band wireless transceiver LSI (2.4Ghz and Sub-GHz) NEW
- Supports wireless communication in the range of 160MHz to 960MHz, and 2.4GHz.
- Selectable RX CH Bandwidth (1.6KHz to 200KHz) enables narrow band to wide band system.
- 4GFSK/4GMSK, GFSK/GMSK, 4FSK/FSK/MSK (1.2k～300 kbps).
- 160M to 960MHz Up to 13dBm output (G)FSK/4FSK up to 300 kbps
- 2400M to 2480MHz Up to 0dBm output (G)FSK up to 300 kbps
ML7411 Block Diagram
- ML7436 – MCU built-in Sub-GHz RF single LSI NEW
- Single package solution suitable for HEMS/BEMS products.
- ML7411, low power Coretex-M3, large memories etc. are integrated into single package enabling footprint downsizing of HEMS/BEMS products.
- 1MB Flash and 256KB RAM, enough capacity for many application.
ML7436 Block Diagram
- ML7406 - Wireless M-BUS 868 MHz Transceiver
- ML7345 - Wireless M-BUS 160-1000MHz Transceiver
- Low RX and average power consumption
- Very stable performance over temperature.
- Integrated Wireless M-BUS support
- Supports smaller preamble length (2 byte)
- Guaranteed and tested worst case conditions
- Easy and flexible development by reusable design between ML7406 and ML7345.
Possible to develop Wireless M-bus systems of whole RF band
- Wireless M-Bus (169MHz)
- ARIB STD T67 (426/429 MHz)
- Wireless M-Bus (433MHz)
- IEEE802.15.4g (780～950MHz)
- Wireless M-Bus (868MHz)
|-40 to +85||WQFN32|
|-106 [100kbps BER=0.1%]*||-40 to +85||WQFN32|
*BER means Bit Error Rate.
3.) Contactless current sensor using high sensitivity MI technology
BM14270MUV-LB combines a high sensitivity MI element with a high accuracy analog front end circuit
Measurement range: ±50A
- 14bit digital output ; Resolution: 0.008A/LSB
- Operating temp. range: -40 to 125ºC
- I2C interface
- Ultra-high-sensitivity MI sensor technology
- Contactless current sensing minimizes power loss
- Configuration of dual sensors to cancels magnetic field disturbances, eliminating the need for shielding
4.) Nano Energy: New DCDC technology with optimized efficiency and power consumption
BD70522 is the latest buck regulator optimized for utra low Iq (180nA)
- 180nA Quiescent Current (No Switching)
- Up to 90% Efficiency at 10μA Output Current
- Up to 500mA Output Current
- 9 Selectable Output Voltages
- Extend battery lifetime up to 10 years
- Easy to use – small size, few external components