ROHM’s power & analog expertise achieves unmatched quality and technology
through the synergistic effects of combining
development, design, and manufacturing.
Transcending the limitations of silicon with SiC ushers in a new era
- High-efficiency inverters for driving electric vehicle motors
- Increasing the efficiency of power conditioners for solar power systems
- High-efficiency power supplies for data centers
ROHM’s advanced device technologies are revolutionizing the world of power electronics
- The world’s first mass producing SiC MOSFETs and full SiC power modules
- Integrated development and production of materials (wafers), devices, and packages
- Framework that supports advanced user applications
ROHM is disrupting the power device industry through breakthrough SiC technology
- Communicating directly with cutting-edge developers from around the world
- Fostering technology towards the use of advanced power devices
- Building an ecosystem to expand the application range and achieve large-scale adoption
ROHM analog ICs continue to revolutionize the consumer electronics field
- Sophisticated technology enables full control of electrical signals
- Unmatched customization helps customers solve power-related problems and achieve exactly what they need
- Integrated development of circuit, layout, and processes
ROHM supports technological innovation in the automotive and industrial fields by leveraging technologies gained in the consumer sector
- Advanced control that enables flexible manipulation of power waveforms
- Power management that completely eliminates waste
- High quality power supply not susceptible to interruptions or faults
Superior analog technologies
cultivated for over half a century
deliver optimized power solutions
- Power supply ICs with high step-down ratio provide semiconductor drive voltages from 60V sources
- Ultra-low-power consumption ICs that enable 10-year battery life for IoT devices
- Advanced power supplies for high fidelity audio
Combining sophisticated power device expertise with advanced analog IC technology provides technological synergy optimized for the new age of electronics
- Bringing out the full potential of advanced power devices
- Providing analog control with higher response speed and improved accuracy
- Keeping pace with advancements in power and analog technologies
A fusion of power and analog technologies that can only come from ROHM.
The result: outstanding efficiency and performance
- AC/DC converters that maximize the performance of SiC MOSFETs
- GaN devices that achieve ultra-precise power control
- High-level evaluation boards incorporating the latest technologies
Modularization and single-chip solutions offer significant advantages in terms of greater miniaturization, higher efficiency, and improved reliability.
ROHM’s technology innovation continues.
- Delivering smaller form factors, lower power consumption and higher reliability
- Pursuing greater ease-of-use
- Establishing a production system that can provide long-term, stably supply
Striking the perferct balance between achieving a comfortable lifestyle and protecting the global environment
- Technology of the future will have high power requirements
- Development scenarios must take environmental issues into account
- Using power effectively without waste is necessary
Power supply systems are needed that can support the high power demands of a data-oriented society
A myriad of things are connected to the net and information from around the globe is collected in data centers. This process consumes a lot of electricity, both at the source and server sides.
- Improve the accuracy of analog control
- Maximize the potential of advanced power devices
- Continue to advance Power & Analog technologies
The advent of the electric vehicle era calls for technological innovation to boost electric power performance
With the full-fledged arrival of electric vehicles and the widespread use of robotics, the types and number of electric motors are increasing, requiring new technology for their drive systems.
- Motors use about 50 percent of all electric power consumed worldwide
- New usage patterns are driving the advancement of motor technology
- Drive systems call for high performance, high reliability, compact form factors, and light weight
Promote further efficiency improvements in the supply and use of electricity to protect the future of society and the global environment
A significant amount of electric power is lost due to losses between the point of generation and usage equipment.
Reducing these losses is of crucial importance.
- Eliminate waste and bring as much power as possible to the application
- Minimize inherent cabling losses and repeated power conversion
- Develop technology for reducing losses during power conversion
SiC Power Devices
Silicon Carbide devices dramatically increase system efficiency while contributing to greater miniaturization