Waterproof, Piezo-Resistive Pressure Sensor IC
BM1390GLV-Z is piezo-resistive pressure sensor. BM1390GLV-Z performs temperature compensation for MEMS inside chip internally, so it’s very easy to get pressure information. BM1390GLV-Z realizes waterproof by potting gel inside to protect.
For Automotive usage, please contact Sales.
- Piezo-resistive pressure sensor
- Pressure range is from 300hPa to 1300hPa
- Built-in temperature compensation function.
- I²C bus interface (f/s mode support)
- Built-in FIFO
- Small package
The BM1390GLV combines MEMS and control circuitry cultivated in the past with original waterproof technology to deliver IPX8 waterproof performance in a compact 2.0mm × 2.0mm × 1.0mm package. Furthermore, a proprietary built-in temperature compensation function ensures superior temperature characteristics, while ceramic package minimizes fluctuations of device-specific characteristics caused by mechanical stress during board mounting. These features enable high accuracy barometric pressure measurement in applications requiring waterproof performance – which was difficult to achieve until now – and in environments exposed to large temperature changes.
1. Compact waterproof IPX8 rated package expands application range
The BM1390GLV achieves IPX8 waterproof performance in the same size as compact conventional packages (2.0mm × 2.0mm × 1.0mm) by combining MEMS and control circuitry cultivated over many years with original waterproof technology. A proprietary structure provides internal protection by using a special gel, making it ideal for industrial equipment and home appliances that require waterproof performance.
2. Superior temperature characteristics and resistance to stress enable high accuracy barometric pressure measurement
The BM1390GLV adopts an original temperature compensation function and ceramic material in the package to achieve superior temperature characteristics and stress resistance. This enables high accuracy barometric pressure measurement even in environments subject to temperature changes and stress.
• Integrated temperature compensation function ensures stable measurement accuracy from low to high temperatures
The BM1390GLV includes a temperature compensation function that utilizes a proprietary algorithm. As a result, stable measurement of barometric pressure is possible by minimizing measurement error caused by temperature compared with standard products, enabling mounting close to heat sources (which is conventionally difficult to achieve). At the same time, the external MCU typically used for compensation calculation is no longer required, simplifying design load.
• Ceramic package suppresses characteristics fluctuations due to stress
Resin packages used in conventional products can lead to characteristics variations from stress during mounting. In contrast, the BM1390GLV adopts a ceramic package that minimizes stress-induced characteristics fluctuations. This eliminates the layout restrictions required for sensor placement of resin products, contributing to greater design flexibility.
- ・Home appliances such as rice cookers and vacuum cleaners that require pressure control
- ・Industrial equipment requiring waterproof performance, small IoT devices used outdoors, drones, etc.