Cell Balance LSI of 4 to 6 Series Power Storage Element Cells for Automotive
BD14000EFV is a LSI IC designed as a self-controlled cell balancer. It has a built-in shunt-type power storage element balancer function that can respond to 4 to 6 cells. All the functions necessary in a cell balancer are built-in making power storage element cell balancing possible only in this LSI. This chip can be used for electric double layer capacitors (EDLC) with cell detection voltage range of 2.4V to 3.1V and power storage capacitors which is important for cell balancers with similar electrical characteristics It has a built-in multiple over-voltage detection function and can also detect abnormal mode such as any characteristic deterioration in cells. Also, application-dependent operation can be set since enable control is possible.
Small Reel (250pcs) is available.→BD14000EFV-CH2
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- All EDLC cell balancer functions are integrated on a single chip
- Self- controlled EDLC balance function
- Adopts shunt resistance method for simple balancing
- 4 to 6 cell series connection ready
- Multiple chip series connection is possible
- Built-in over-voltage detection flag output
- Detection voltage can be set
- Evaluation Board
BD14000EFV-EVK-001 uses EDLC cell balance LSI to achieve self-contained cell balance of 4 to 6 cell series EDLC. The cell balance current can be set by the shunt resistor.