2ch Half-Bridge Gate Driver
The BD16950EFV is an AEC-Q100 automotive qualified 2-channel Half-Bridge Gate Driver, controlled by an external MCU through a 16-bit Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI). Independent control of low-side and high-side N-MOSFETS allows for several MCU controlled modes. A programmable drive current is available to adjust slew-rates, in order to meet EMI and power dissipation requirements. Diagnostics can be read and reset by an external MCU.
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
- 2ch Half-Bridge Gate Drivers
- 4 external MOSFETs are Controlled Independently
- Half-Bridge Control Modes are Selected by SPI
- Slew Rates are Controlled with Constant Source/Sink Current.
- 500 kHz Oscillation for Charge Pump.
- 16bit SPI
- Evaluation Board
This Evaluation Board consists of the Automotive 2-channel Half-Bridge Driver IC and USB cable. Also a GUI can be provided for easy SPI register configuration. Besides this motor driver IC the evaluation board contains all external components necessary for operation including a full bridge created by discrete FETs, an LDO for logic supply, SPI interface and various test points for signal monitoring.
Schematic Design & Verification
- What Is Thermal Design
- Basics of Thermal Resistance and Heat Dissipation
- Method for Calculating Junction Temperature from Transient Thermal Resistance Data
- Two-Resistor Model for Thermal Simulation
- Notes for Temperature Measurement Using Thermocouples
- Notes for Temperature Measurement Using Forward Voltage of PN Junction
- Thermal Resistance
- Precautions When Measuring the Rear of the Package with a Thermocouple
- HTSSOP-B24 Footprint / Symbol
- HTSSOP-B24 3D STEP Data