Rohm Semiconductor Acquires Powervation | ROHM Semiconductor - ROHM Co., Ltd.
Rohm Semiconductor Acquires Powervation
NEW YORK – Analog IC manufacturer Rohm has acquired digital power IC company Powervation for approximately $70 million in cash. The deal will bolster Rohm's share of the power market as high density systems increasingly call for a digital power.
One of Powervation's best-selling chips is a proprietary DSP control platform with advanced power management and precision telemetry/control for multi-rail, multi-phase systems. The acquisition will also allow Rohm to develop advanced digital power solutions for a broader range of markets and applications using Powervation's flexible controller platform.
Powervation will become a fully owned subsidiary of Rohm with principal design center in Cork, Ireland and system application centers in San Jose, Calif. and Asia.
— Jessica Lipsky, Associate Editor, EE Times
As originally publisehd on the EE Times Website:
- Posted 1st quarter financial results and related documents for fiscal year ending March 31, 2019
- Cataracts of rain in the west side of Japan
- New CMOS Op-Amp Delivers Leading-Class* Low Noise
- Posted the notice of resolution of the 60th Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
- Eta Compute and ROHM Semiconductor Collaborate to Create Low Power Wi-SUN Compatible Sensor Nodes.
- Introducing the Roki Sensor Node
- High Accuracy Multi-Sensor Beacon Application using ROHM’s Sensor Solution
- Impact of the Earthquake in Northern Osaka Prefecture
- New Arduino Expansion Board Enables Configuration of a Sensor Environment in Only 5 Minutes
- New 650V IGBTs Deliver Class-Leading Efficiency with Soft Switching
- ROHM and GaN Systems Join Forces for GaN Power Semiconductors
- ROHM plans new building for more SiC production capacity
- Highly Integrated PMIC Optimized for NXP Semiconductors’ i.MX 8M Applications Processors
- Notice of the 60th Ordinary General Shareholders Meeting posted
- ROHM at Sensors Expo 2018, San Jose CA 6/26-6/28
- PCIM 2018, 5-7th June in Nuremberg
- ROHM Musical Device "MUS-IC"
- Posted financial results and related documents for fiscal year ended March 31, 2018
- ROHM Receives Certification Under the ISO26262 Automotive Functional Safety Standard for the Development Process
- Foray into Indian "e-cluster for Two-wheeler Bikes" with Panel chipset Solutions