Rohm Semiconductor Acquires Powervation
NEW YORK – Analog IC manufacturer Rohm has acquired digital power IC company Powervation for approximately $70 million in cash. The deal will bolster Rohm's share of the power market as high density systems increasingly call for a digital power.
One of Powervation's best-selling chips is a proprietary DSP control platform with advanced power management and precision telemetry/control for multi-rail, multi-phase systems. The acquisition will also allow Rohm to develop advanced digital power solutions for a broader range of markets and applications using Powervation's flexible controller platform.
Powervation will become a fully owned subsidiary of Rohm with principal design center in Cork, Ireland and system application centers in San Jose, Calif. and Asia.
— Jessica Lipsky, Associate Editor, EE Times
As originally publisehd on the EE Times Website:
- ROHM's New PrestoMOS™ Series of 600V Super Junction MOSFETs Enables Improved Energy Savings for Inverters in AC Systems
- hifideluxe munich 2019 – ROHM highlights high-performance D/A converter IC for high-end audio
- ROHM appoints John Turner as new Country Manager for UK and Nordics
- PCIM 2019 – ROHM Expands its Range of Power Devices to Offer Complete Power Solutions
- ROHM Now Offers the Industry’s Largest Lineup of Automotive-Grade SiC MOSFETs
- 16-bit General-Purpose MCUs Equipped with Safety Functions
- ROHM's New High-Reliability 1608-Size White Chip LED
- ROHM appoints Alessandro Zanarella as new Country Manager for Italy and Israel
- Michael Maurer appointed new Product Marketing Manager for Power Management ICs at ROHM
- Posted 3rd quarter financial results and related documents for fiscal year ending March 31, 2019
- New Automotive Wireless Charging Solution with NFC Communication from ROHM
- embedded world 2019, 26–28th February in Nuremberg
- The Industry’s Smallest Contactless Current Sensor Featuring Minimum Power Loss from ROHM
- New LTR50 Series of Wide Terminal Low-Ohmic High Power Thick-Film Chip Resistors Delivers Industry-Leading TCR Characteristic ...
- ROHM honors AVNET, R3Tec and Willow as Distributors of the Year
- New 1700V SiC Power Module
- ROHM appoints Pierre Cotte as Country Manager for Southwest Europe
- Posted 2nd quarter financial results and related documents for fiscal year ending March 31, 2019
- New Automotive-Grade Buck-Boost Power Supply Chipset Ensures Stable Performance with Industry-Low* Current Consumption
- ROHM Expands Its D/A Converter Product Line-up for High-Fidelity Audio