System PMIC for i.MX 8M Family - BD71837MWV
BD71837MWV integrates all power rails required by i.MX 8M processors and system peripherals. In addition to integrate a sequencer compatible with power modes supported by i.MX 8M processors, making it possible to significantly reduce the development time, decrease size, and simplify application design.
The power supply circuit of the BD71837MWV, designed specifically for the power supply system of the i.MX 8M processor family, integrates an 8 buck converters, 7 LDOs, and control logic that allows it to supply power not only to the processor, but the required DDR memory as well – all from a single chip. A 1.8V/3.3V power switch for SDXC cards is also built in, along with a 32.768kHz crystal oscillator driver and multiple protection circuits such as output short-circuit, output over-voltage/current, and thermal shutdown.
Buck conversion efficiency from 83 to 95% is achieved for 0.7V to 3.3V output, and the wide input voltage range from 2.7V to 5.5V supports a variety of power sources, from batteries to USB, making them ideal for i.MX 8M applications.
Furthermore, when single-sided mounting and Type-3 PCB is assumed, 56 fewer parts are needed compared with discrete solutions, reducing PCB area by up to 45%.
! Functional Errata Information
Operating Temperature (Min.)[°C]
Operating Temperature (Max.)[°C]
- 8 Buck Regulators
- · 2.0 MHz Switching Frequency. (BUCK1, BUCK2, BUCK3, BUCK4, BUCK5, BUCK7, and BUCK8).
- · 1.5MHz Switching Frequency. (BUCK6)
- 7ch Linear Regulators(7 LDOs)
- Power Mux Switch
- · 1.8V Input: 200 mΩ(Max)
- · 3.3V Input: 280 mΩ(Max)
- 32.768 kHz Crystal Oscillator Driver
- Power Button Detector
- Protection and Monitoring: Soft Start, Power Rails Fault Detection, UVLO, OVP and TSD
- OTP Configurable Power Sequencing
- OTP and Software Programmable Output Voltage, Ramp rates.
- Hardware Signaling with SoC for Transition into or out of Low Power States
- · I2C: 100 kHz/400 kHz, 1 MHz
- · Power-on Reset Output: POR_B, RTC_RESET_B,
- · Watchdog Reset Input: WDOG_B:
- · Power State Control: PMIC_STBY_REQ, PMIC_ON_REQ, PWRON_B
- · Interrupt to SoC: IRQ_B
- Type3 PCB Applicable