USB Type-C Power Delivery Controller
BM92A13 is a full function USB Type-C Power Delivery (PD) controller that supports USB Power Delivery using base-band communication. It is compatible with USB Type-C Specification and USB Power Delivery specification. BM92A13 includes support for the PD policy engine and communicates with an Embedded Controller or the SoC via host interface. It supports SOP, SOP’ and SOP’’ signaling, allowing it to communicate with cable marker ICs, support alternate modes.
For Automotive usage, please contact Sales.
- USB Type-C Specification compatible
- USB PD Specification compatible (BMC-PHY)
- Connected the required initial voltage is 15V
- Request current depends on the far-end device
- Start of automatic power receiving without Ext-MCU
- Two channel power path control using N-channel MOSFET drivers with back flow prevention
- Type-C cable orientation detection
- Built-in VCONN Switch and VCONN controller
- Direct VBUS powered operation
- Initial Role is UFP mode (Supports DFP/DRP mode)
- Supports Dead Battery operation
- SMBus Interface for Host Communication
- Evaluation Board
This board is dedicated to receiving power with USB Type-C Power Delivery. BM92A12MWV-EVK-001 requests a voltage of 20V, BM92A13MWV-EVK-001 requests a voltage of 20V, and BM92A14MWV-EVK-001 requests a voltage of 9V. If you want to check the operation of Power Delivery, please prepare power supply capable USB Type-C Power Delivery device and USB Type-C dedicated cable. Please use selling separately “BM92A21MWV-EVK-001” for power supply capable USB Type-C Power Delivery device.