Low Duty LCD Segment Drivers - BU97550CH-3W | ROHM Semiconductor - ROHM Co., Ltd.
Low Duty LCD Segment Drivers - BU97550CH-3W (New)
BU97550CH-3W is a 1/8, 1/7, 1/5, 1/4, 1/3duty or Static general-purpose LCD driver that can be used for consumer / battery operated products and can drive up to 528 LCD Segments.
It can control up to 9 general-purpose outputs / PWM output ports for LED backlighting and LED button illumination realizing less flicker by various frequency setting function.
It can also support a key scan function that detects a maximum of 30 key inputs to reduce PCB wiring and to minimize microcontroller size and cost.
It can support LCD contrast adjustment by its EVR function and
TTL compatible input interface is also available, these are well-suited for wide-voltage range of MCUs.
1/8, 1/7, 1/5, 1/4, 1/3, Static
1/4, 1/3, 1/2
Elements of MUX 1:1
Elements of MUX 1:3
Elements of MUX 1:4
Elements of MUX 1:5
Elements of MUX 1:8
Interface [line serial]
Interface Voltage (Min.)[V]
Interface Voltage (Max.)[V]
Max GPO [port]
Max KEYSCAN [Key]
TTL input Support
LCD Driving Waveform
Operating Temperature (Min.)[°C]
Operating Temperature (Max.)[°C]
- 1/8, 1/7, 1/5, 1/4, 1/3duty or Static setting selectable
1/8duty driving: Max 528 segments
1/7duty driving: Max 469 segments
1/5duty driving: Max 345 segments
1/4duty driving: Max 280 segments
1/3duty driving: Max 210 segments
Static driving: Max 70 segments
- 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 bias setting selectable
- Support wide range of operation voltage from 2.7V to 6.0V, which can support TN LCD and VA LCD display.
- Integrated LCD voltage driving circuit
- Integrated oscillation circuit for LCD frame frequency
- Line or Frame inversion driving selectable
- Integrated 9ch general purpose outputs/ PWM outputs (SEG selectable)
- Support 256 step PWM function to realize backlight/ button LED illumination
- Support LCD frame frequency from 49Hz to 391Hz, total 16setting
- Support PWM frequency from 146Hz to 2.34KHz, total 16setting
- Support 3 wire serial interface + KEYOUT
- Support TTL level input to connect 3.3V MCU directly
- Support Max 30 key input detection (SEG selectable)
- Integrated EVR function to adjust LCD contrast
- Integrated voltage detected type power on reset circuit
- No external components required
- Low power consumption design