Power IC Firm, Powervation Secures $ 7million Funding
Irish start up Powervation has raised $7million in a Series C funding round aimed at commercialising its Intelligent Digital Power platform.
The funding, which will also be used to establish a new facility in Taiwan, was awarded by new investor Semtech and existing investors Intel Capital, SEP, VentureTech Alliance and Braemar Energy Ventures.
The company's Digital Power platform incorporates its patented Auto-Control technology, which it claims is the industry's only real time adaptive compensation scheme to deliver optimum performance under all load conditions and over the full product lifecycle.
"We are delighted by the strong backing of our investor group and to have Semtech on board as a strategic investor," said Powervation's ceo Mike McAuliffe. "These investments endorse our progress with key customers and our business potential as we deliver the unique benefits of our Intelligent Digital Power platform to the wider market."
Read the article as originally published here: http://www.newelectronics.co.uk/electronics-news/power-ic-firm-secures-7million-funding/46627/
- Posted 2nd quarter financial results and related documents for fiscal year ending March 31, 2020
- The Industry's First Ultra-High Noise Tolerant Comparators
- ROHM supports students of the TU Ilmenau in Formula Student
- New 4-Pin Package SiC MOSFETs
- New Automotive-Grade Backlight LED Driver Optimized for LCD Panels
- New Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter Achieves Breakthrough Power Savings
- Posted 1st quarter financial results and related documents for fiscal year ending March 31, 2020
- New Ultra-Compact Automotive-Grade MOSFETs Provide Superior Mounting Reliability
- New Compact High Output Lens LEDs Eliminate the Need for Light Leakage Countermeasures in Vehicle Instrument Clusters
- Posted the notice of resolution of the 61th Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
- Ultra-Compact High Accuracy Earthquake Detection Sensor Module
- New Power Supply Monitoring IC with Built-In Self-Diagnostic Function that Supports Functional Safety
- Posted the convocation notice of the 61th Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
- Impact of the Earthquake in Miyazaki Prefecture, Hyuga-nada Sea.
- ROHM Offers Lineup of Automotive-Grade 1200V-Rated IGBT
- Posted financial results and related documents for fiscal year ended March 31, 2019
- ROHM Presents the Industry’s First AC/DC Converter ICs with a Built-In 1700V SiC MOSFET
- Expansion of the management board of ROHM Semiconductor Europe
- Semiconductor Device Business Transferred from Panasonic
- BD71847AMWV - Power Management IC Optimized for NXP Semiconductors’ i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processors