Greentech 10 to Watch in 2010
THE CARBON footprint of the entire global IT, electronics and mobile telecoms industry is at least equal to, if not greater than, that of aviation according to industry analysts Gartner. Therefore any solution, especially a computer chip, that reduces power consumption and related costs and carbon emissions - by up to 30 per cent in University of Limerick spinout Powervation's case - is welcome in the green economy.
One of the world's leading clean technology venture capital funds, New York-based Braemar Energy Ventures invested an undisclosed amount in the firm last November, just several months after several backers including Intel Capital, the venture capital arm of the computer chip manufacturer, injected almost €7 million into the company.
Led by chief executive Antoin Russell and established in 2006, industry researchers predict that Powervation's chip could take up to a 30 per cent share of a multibillion-dollar market by 2013.
As published in the Irish Times / John Reynolds
- New 200V Ultra-low IR Schottky Barrier Diodes
- New Multiband Wireless Communication LSI Optimized for Smart Meters World-wide
- Posted 2nd quarter financial results and related documents for fiscal year ending March 31, 2020
- The Industry's First Ultra-High Noise Tolerant Comparators
- ROHM supports students of the TU Ilmenau in Formula Student
- New 4-Pin Package SiC MOSFETs
- New Automotive-Grade Backlight LED Driver Optimized for LCD Panels
- New Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter Achieves Breakthrough Power Savings
- Posted 1st quarter financial results and related documents for fiscal year ending March 31, 2020
- New Ultra-Compact Automotive-Grade MOSFETs Provide Superior Mounting Reliability
- New Compact High Output Lens LEDs Eliminate the Need for Light Leakage Countermeasures in Vehicle Instrument Clusters
- Posted the notice of resolution of the 61th Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
- Ultra-Compact High Accuracy Earthquake Detection Sensor Module
- New Power Supply Monitoring IC with Built-In Self-Diagnostic Function that Supports Functional Safety
- Posted the convocation notice of the 61th Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
- Impact of the Earthquake in Miyazaki Prefecture, Hyuga-nada Sea.
- ROHM Offers Lineup of Automotive-Grade 1200V-Rated IGBT
- Posted financial results and related documents for fiscal year ended March 31, 2019
- ROHM Presents the Industry’s First AC/DC Converter ICs with a Built-In 1700V SiC MOSFET
- Expansion of the management board of ROHM Semiconductor Europe