Greentech 10 to Watch in 2010
THE CARBON footprint of the entire global IT, electronics and mobile telecoms industry is at least equal to, if not greater than, that of aviation according to industry analysts Gartner. Therefore any solution, especially a computer chip, that reduces power consumption and related costs and carbon emissions - by up to 30 per cent in University of Limerick spinout Powervation's case - is welcome in the green economy.
One of the world's leading clean technology venture capital funds, New York-based Braemar Energy Ventures invested an undisclosed amount in the firm last November, just several months after several backers including Intel Capital, the venture capital arm of the computer chip manufacturer, injected almost €7 million into the company.
Led by chief executive Antoin Russell and established in 2006, industry researchers predict that Powervation's chip could take up to a 30 per cent share of a multibillion-dollar market by 2013.
As published in the Irish Times / John Reynolds
- Impact of the Earthquake in Miyazaki Prefecture, Hyuga-nada Sea.
- ROHM Offers Lineup of Automotive-Grade 1200V-Rated IGBT
- Posted financial results and related documents for fiscal year ended March 31, 2019
- ROHM Presents the Industry’s First AC/DC Converter ICs with a Built-In 1700V SiC MOSFET
- Expansion of the management board of ROHM Semiconductor Europe
- Semiconductor Device Business Transferred from Panasonic
- BD71847AMWV - Power Management IC Optimized for NXP Semiconductors’ i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processors
- ROHM's New PrestoMOS™ Series of 600V Super Junction MOSFETs Enables Improved Energy Savings for Inverters in AC Systems
- hifideluxe munich 2019 – ROHM highlights high-performance D/A converter IC for high-end audio
- ROHM appoints John Turner as new Country Manager for UK and Nordics
- PCIM 2019 – ROHM Expands its Range of Power Devices to Offer Complete Power Solutions
- ROHM Now Offers the Industry’s Largest Lineup of Automotive-Grade SiC MOSFETs
- 16-bit General-Purpose MCUs Equipped with Safety Functions
- ROHM's New High-Reliability 1608-Size White Chip LED
- ROHM appoints Alessandro Zanarella as new Country Manager for Italy and Israel
- Michael Maurer appointed new Product Marketing Manager for Power Management ICs at ROHM
- Posted 3rd quarter financial results and related documents for fiscal year ending March 31, 2019
- New Automotive Wireless Charging Solution with NFC Communication from ROHM
- embedded world 2019, 26–28th February in Nuremberg
- The Industry’s Smallest Contactless Current Sensor Featuring Minimum Power Loss from ROHM