USB Audio Decoder ICs
Today, high reliability is no longer reserved solely for automotive applications. A growing number of devices require increased reliability in order to meet evolving consumer demands. ROHM meets this need by developing USB audio decoder ICs (BU9457KV: MP3/BU9458KV: MP3, WMA, AAC) featuring ±6kV ESD resistance at the USB terminal. This eliminates the need for external countermeasures for surge noise, such as protection diodes, resistors, and ICs, reducing the number of parts required. Design is also simplified, resulting in a smaller form factor.
Key Feature 1 : Easily enable music playback from USB and SD sources
The built-in system controller eliminates the need for complicated program development/control. Operation is possible via simple commands (i.e. play, fast forward). In addition, board area, design, and usage are simplified compared with conventional 2- and 3-chip systems controlled by a CPU that utilize separate system controllers and audio compression decoders.
This convenient, all-in-one solution adds a USB audio system to even systems not traditionally equipped with audio functionality, such as massage chairs, alarm clocks, and other consumer equipment.
Key Feature 2 : Add music functionality to systems without a microcontroller,
such as fitness machines or recliners, by simply connecting the USB audio decoder IC
Select between standalone and slave modes
Key Feature 3 : Automotive-grade reliability
The ESD breakdown resistance at the USB terminal is ±6000V, resulting in improved strength against surge noise. In addition, automotive-grade reliability (15kV air/8kV ground surge resistance) ensure stable operation under a variety of conditions.
Mini component stereo systems, car audio, portable music players, car navigation, recliners, and more
|USB Support||SD Support||I/F||Display Data||MP3||WMA||AAC||Audio Output||Package|
- New 200V Ultra-low IR Schottky Barrier Diodes
- New Multiband Wireless Communication LSI Optimized for Smart Meters World-wide
- The Industry's First Ultra-High Noise Tolerant Comparators
- New 4-Pin Package SiC MOSFETs
- New Automotive-Grade Backlight LED Driver Optimized for LCD Panels
- New Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter Achieves Breakthrough Power Savings
- New Ultra-Compact Automotive-Grade MOSFETs Provide Superior Mounting Reliability
- ROHM Offers Lineup of Automotive-Grade 1200V-Rated IGBT
- ROHM Presents the Industry’s First AC/DC Converter ICs with a Built-In 1700V SiC MOSFET
- BD71847AMWV - Power Management IC Optimized for NXP Semiconductors’ i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processors
- ROHM's New PrestoMOS™ Series of 600V Super Junction MOSFETs Enables Improved Energy Savings for Inverters in AC Systems
- ROHM Now Offers the Industry’s Largest Lineup of Automotive-Grade SiC MOSFETs
- ROHM's New High-Reliability 1608-Size White Chip LED
- New Ultra-Compact Automotive Grade Buck DC/DC Converters
- Low Noise CMOS Operational Amplifier - LMR1802G-LB
- Sensor Evaluation Kit SensorShield-EVK-003
- New 650V IGBTs Deliver Class-Leading Efficiency with Soft Switching
- System PMIC for i.MX 8M Family - BD71837MWV
- ROHM Musical Device "MUS-IC"
- Nano Energy: Ultra-low-power Converter BD70522GUL