TCT Series of bottom electrode tantalum capacitors
The increasingly higher performance and greater miniaturization of portable electronic equipment such as smart phones and electronic dictionaries demand thinner, more compact components. To meet these demands, ROHM offers the TCT Series of tantalum capacitors that utilize a special bottom electrode configuration for larger capacitance in a smaller, lower profile form factor. 7 package types are available, from the (0402in) U Case with a maximum capacitance of 470µF to the larger (2412in) CL Case.
In addition, ROHM's tantalum capacitors are strong against board stresses (i.e. flexing) and feature stable capacitance characteristics, making them the ideal replacement for ceramic capacitors.
The bottom electrode design makes a larger capacitance possible in a smaller form factor (vs. conventional types)
The PL Case (Low-profile 0805in) and AS Case (Low-profile 1206in) feature a height of only 0.9mm
Ceramic capacitors feature 5 electrode surfaces, increasing the possibility of short-circuits between the board wiring and electrodes. In order to prevent this a certain amount of space is required between the top and bottom of the board. In contrast, ROHM's tantalum capacitors feature a bottom electrode configuration that eliminates short-circuits and the need for spacing required by ceramic capacitors - contributing to thinner sets.
ROHM tantalum capacitors are more than 4 times stronger against board stress (flexing) than ceramic capacitors, making it possible to mount in areas subjected to excessive board flex.
ROHM tantalum capacitors feature stable capacitance even during temperature or voltage changes.
|Mobile phones, smart phones, electronic dictionaries, digital cameras, digital video cameras, portable audio, handheld gaming equipment, and more|
- New Ultra-Compact Automotive-Grade MOSFETs Provide Superior Mounting Reliability
- ROHM Offers Lineup of Automotive-Grade 1200V-Rated IGBT
- ROHM Presents the Industry’s First AC/DC Converter ICs with a Built-In 1700V SiC MOSFET
- BD71847AMWV - Power Management IC Optimized for NXP Semiconductors’ i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processors
- ROHM's New PrestoMOS™ Series of 600V Super Junction MOSFETs Enables Improved Energy Savings for Inverters in AC Systems
- ROHM Now Offers the Industry’s Largest Lineup of Automotive-Grade SiC MOSFETs
- ROHM's New High-Reliability 1608-Size White Chip LED
- New Ultra-Compact Automotive Grade Buck DC/DC Converters
- Low Noise CMOS Operational Amplifier - LMR1802G-LB
- Sensor Evaluation Kit SensorShield-EVK-003
- New 650V IGBTs Deliver Class-Leading Efficiency with Soft Switching
- System PMIC for i.MX 8M Family - BD71837MWV
- ROHM Musical Device "MUS-IC"
- Nano Energy: Ultra-low-power Converter BD70522GUL
- Nano Series - Leading Edge Power Supply Technologies
- Low Current Consumption Boost DC/DC Converter - BU33UV7NUX