Automotive-Grade CMOS LDO Regulators BUxxJA2MNVX-C Series Product Introduction | ROHM Semiconductor
Automotive-Grade CMOS LDO Regulators
In the rapidly expanding ADAS sector, which includes cameras and sensor modules for data acquisition, there is a demand for greater miniaturization.
In response, ROHM developed the BUxxJA2MNVX-C series of automotive-grade 200mA output full CMOS regulators featuring the smallest form factor on the market (1.0mmx1.0mmx0.6mm).
In addition, low power consumption and superior response are provided, making them ideal not only for ADAS-related devices, but power supplies for vehicle radars and instrument panels as well.
Key Feature 1 : Ultra-compact 1mm² form factor
ROHM leverages analog design expertise cultivated over many years along with packaging and process technologies to deliver all LDO regulator characteristics required for automotive applications in an ultra-compact 1mm2 package that reduces mounting area by 55% over conventional 1.5mm square sized products.
Key Feature 2 : Ultra-compact 1mm² form factor
When seeking to minimize IC size, since it's not possible to use high resistance, which will cause the circuit scale to grow, there is a tendency to increase circuit current. Furthermore, there is a need to improve response characteristics (low output voltage load variation) while reducing power consumption to meet the demands of power supply ICs.
The BUxxJA2MNVX-C series utilizes original circuit technologies (i.e. reference voltage circuit, amp circuit) to reduce current consumption by half (35µA) while providing excellent response (65mV load variation).
Key Feature 3 : Achieves stable operation with external capacitors as low as 0.22µF
Power supply ICs require an external capacitor as a countermeasure against output voltage variations and oscillations during input fluctuations.
In contrast to conventional products, which require a minimum of 1.0µF, ROHM's latest ICs are capable of providing stable output voltage with only 0.22µF, contributing to greater miniaturization.
- Boost DC/DC converter with built-in MOSFET BU33UV7NUX
- Two colors integrated into an industry-small 1608 size ROHM Ultra-Compact Low-Profile 2-Color Chip LEDs
- ROHM Lens Drivers for Camera Modules
- For Automotive Applications Chipsets for High-Resolution LCD Panels
- Low Vf High Surge Resistance SiC SBDs 3rd Generation SiC Schottky Barrier DiodesSCS3xxA Series
- Automotive-Grade CMOS LDO Regulators BUxxJA2MNVX-C Series
- New BD7F series of isolated flyback-type DC/DC converters
- Optimized for auxiliary power supplies in industrial equipment. 1700V SiC MOSFET
- Product launch of the BD49101AEFS-M system power supply IC for car audio