Low Vf High Surge Resistance SiC SBDs 3rd Generation SiC Schottky Barrier DiodesSCS3xxA Series Product Introduction | ROHM Semiconductor
3rd Generation SiC Schottky Barrier Diodes
Utilizing SiC Schottky barrier diodes (SBD) instead of fast recovery diodes (FRD) in PFC circuits in power supplies improves efficiency during continuous mode operation.
ROHM's SCS3xxA series of 3rd generation SiC SBDs maintain the industry's lowest VF characteristics of its 2nd generation products while providing higher surge current resistance.
Optimized for power supply PFC circuits.
Key Feature 1: Low VF and high surge resistance ideal for power supply PFC applications
A JBS (Junction Barriery Schottky) structure is used to achieve higher surge resistance.
In addition, VF characteristics is improved over 2nd generation SiC SBDs, along with leakage characteristics, making it possible develop higher performance products.
|Absolute Maximum Ratings|
10msec, sin wave
Key Feature 2: High efficiency achieved utilizing low-loss SiC SBDs
Compared to silicon FRDs, SiC SBDs feature faster reverse recovery time and lower switching loss, contributing to higher device efficiency.
☆: Under Development
- Boost DC/DC converter with built-in MOSFET BU33UV7NUX
- Two colors integrated into an industry-small 1608 size ROHM Ultra-Compact Low-Profile 2-Color Chip LEDs
- ROHM Lens Drivers for Camera Modules
- For Automotive Applications Chipsets for High-Resolution LCD Panels
- Low Vf High Surge Resistance SiC SBDs 3rd Generation SiC Schottky Barrier DiodesSCS3xxA Series
- Automotive-Grade CMOS LDO Regulators BUxxJA2MNVX-C Series
- New BD7F series of isolated flyback-type DC/DC converters
- Optimized for auxiliary power supplies in industrial equipment. 1700V SiC MOSFET
- Product launch of the BD49101AEFS-M system power supply IC for car audio