Low Vf High Surge Resistance SiC SBDs 3rd Generation SiC Schottky Barrier DiodesSCS3xxA Series Product Introduction | ROHM Semiconductor
3rd Generation SiC Schottky Barrier Diodes
Utilizing SiC Schottky barrier diodes (SBD) instead of fast recovery diodes (FRD) in PFC circuits in power supplies improves efficiency during continuous mode operation.
ROHM's SCS3xxA series of 3rd generation SiC SBDs maintain the industry's lowest VF characteristics of its 2nd generation products while providing higher surge current resistance.
Optimized for power supply PFC circuits.
Key Feature 1: Low VF and high surge resistance ideal for power supply PFC applications
A JBS (Junction Barriery Schottky) structure is used to achieve higher surge resistance.
In addition, VF characteristics is improved over 2nd generation SiC SBDs, along with leakage characteristics, making it possible develop higher performance products.
|Absolute Maximum Ratings|
10msec, sin wave
Key Feature 2: High efficiency achieved utilizing low-loss SiC SBDs
Compared to silicon FRDs, SiC SBDs feature faster reverse recovery time and lower switching loss, contributing to higher device efficiency.
☆: Under Development
- New Ultra-Compact Automotive Grade Buck DC/DC Converters
- Low Noise CMOS Operational Amplifier - LMR1802G-LB
- Sensor Evaluation Kit SensorShield-EVK-003
- New 650V IGBTs Deliver Class-Leading Efficiency with Soft Switching
- System PMIC for i.MX 8M Family - BD71837MWV
- ROHM Musical Device "MUS-IC"
- Nano Energy: Ultra-low-power Converter BD70522GUL
- Nano Series - Leading Edge Power Supply Technologies
- Low Current Consumption Boost DC/DC Converter - BU33UV7NUX