Workstyle Reforms / Women's Active Participation
Achieving cyclical growth (CSV) of our employees, the company, and society
We will strive to become a company where we are valued as a continuously innovative corporate group indispensable to society.We will also aim to become a company with high profitability and high employee satisfaction by having all the companies in our group work as a whole and having each and every one of our employees work in a positive and proactive atmosphere where they can put in the utmost effort to make the ROHM Group an even better enterprise.
The ROHM company mission state, "Maintain healthy and vigorous lifestyles and refine intellect and humanitarianism in order tomake meaningful contributions to society" and "Search extensively for capable human resources and cultivatethem as cornerstones for building long-term prosperity." In ourbasic management policy, it is our people who support contributions to society and the prosperity of the group.
As globalization continues to expand today, the importance of diverse human resources with various values and thoughts being able to demonstrate their individuality and skills is increasing day by day. For this reason, we feel that it is our responsibility to provide an environment to accommodate such conditions.
ROHM will continue to contribute to the improvement of cultural advancement by providing high quality, revolutionary products based on company mission that have been promoted since the establishment of the company to realize the CSV that accomplishes corporate activities and solves social issues. The advancement of this mission will require an environment where working methods to increase productivity and diverse human resources can be realized and not be shackled to past experiences gained from previous corporate activities.
Based on this thinking, ROHM will be initiating a project to promote workstyle reformsand women's active participation. Although we have implemented various programs in the past, we aim to develop an environment where cyclical growth of the group and employees can be realized by initiating further reorganization across all group companies.
- Introduction of no overtime day (every Wednesday starting from April 2015)
- Implementation of consultations with an occupational health physician for those who put in more than 80 hours of overtime and work on holidays each month
- Introduction of a work management system (change from paper to system management)
- Encouragement of the use of paid leave (62% current use, 52% used two years ago)
- Dissemination of work hour management targets to all group companies (60 hours per week and more than one day per week)
- Dissemination of work hour targets and guidelines to all group companies to achieve high productivity
（Targets for Overtime Hours and Holiday Working Hours Departments: Within an average of 20 hours per month, Employees：Within an average of 60 hours per three months, Use of paid leave: Over 65%）
- Dissemination of a notice under the president's name to all group companies regarding optimizing meetings
2.Women's Active Participation
- Decision to transition contract employees to regular employees (400 employees from April 2018 in stages)
- Introduction of a business name system (allows for the use of a maiden name by choice)
- Change to the number for taking half-day paid leave (eight times annually to 16 times annually)
- Expansion of the reasonsfor using accrued paid leave (leave for nursing and child care will become possible)
- Adoption of a flexible, short working hour system for child rearing (possible to shorten working hours in 15 minute blocks)
- Participation in "Team Spring," an exchange meeting of those in charge of promoting the involvement of women from companies in Kyoto
- Holding of lectures on promoting the involvement of women at work for directors and executives by lecturers from outside(April 2016)
- Dissemination of a message from our top management on women's active participation, with the launch of this project throughout all group companies
3.Utilizing Diverse Human Resources
- Recruitment of human resources with diverse backgrounds
(continuous recruitment of foreign employees and participation in overseas recruitment fairs)
- Activation of group company human resources (setting up of an ASEAN human resources center)
- Introduction and implementation of an overseas trainee system (from November 2015, a total of 11 trainees were sent)
- Continuous implementation of the acceptance of employees from group companies for training and human resource development